The Hungarian Diplomatic Academy invites applications for its Diplomatic Training Programme for those interested in a career in diplomacy, which is implemented in the framework of the professional cooperation between the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the National University of Public Service.
Students who apply and are accepted into the programme will complete a first semester (September-January) of theoretical and practical courses, while during the second semester (February-June) they will complete an internship at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and at Hungarian diplomatic missions. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade will offer job opportunities in the Ministry's staff to participants who successfully complete the programme, subject to the availability of positions.
Duration of the Diplomatic Training Programme: 1 September 2023 - 31 August 2024.
Participants will receive a net monthly stipend of 275.000,- HUF.
The recruitment procedure consists of several rounds, including a bilingual (English and Hungarian) written exam, a competency test and an oral interview.
- Hungarian citizenship;
- capacity of act;
- no criminal record;
- knowledge of English at an advanced level and an intermediate knowledge of at least one other foreign language;
- university degree (to be obtained at the latest by the start of the programme);
- consent to a national security check.
How to apply: applications must be submitted electronically on the website of the Hungarian Diplomatic Academy (www.magyardiplomaciaiakademia.hu) by uploading the following documents:
- a CV not exceeding two pages;
- A letter of motivation in English, not exceeding 4000 characters;
- Documents proving language skills (if available).
Deadline for submission of applications: 14 May 2023 (Sunday).
Contact and further information: